Michelle Bayat Gymnasium
The Michelle Bayat Gymnasium is a multi-purpose facility for student recreational activities at AUAF. The Michelle Bayat Gymnasium was reconstructed by the Bayat Foundation and inaugurated on 1November 2009. This gym provides facilities for the following activities: basketball, volleyball, soccer, badminton, and ping-pong. The facility also hosts intramural and extramural tournaments. The gym also provides separate fitness rooms for both male and females equipped with cardio and weight-training equipment.
The Michelle Bayat Gymnasium expects all participants to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the facility.
Michelle Bayat Gymnasium Rules and Regulations
The Michelle Bayat Gymnasium is open to all members of the AUAF community and all users are expected to act in accordance with the following rules and regulations:
- The Gym is to be used ONLY during the official day and time as stipulated by the Office of Student Affairs.
- To respect the Gym staff at all times.
- To be able to use the Fitness Club, the Student/guest must be 18 years old.
- To wear proper sports attire, especially shoes, during workout.
- Slippers and sandals are NOT ALLOWED in the gymnasium.
- To only use sports shoes inside the Locker Room, and shoes need to be taken off in the yoga practice area;
- DO NOT slam equipment such as dumbbells and weight-lifting equipment.
- Food is prohibited in the Gymnasium. Only individual bottled drinks are allowed.
- In case of emergency, please refer to the Sports and Activities Coordinators on duty;
- You are responsible for any damages caused to the equipment and facilities.Any individual who returns without issued equipment, or returns damaged equipment, may be asked to complete an incident report.If necessary,the individual`s ID card will NOT be returned until payment for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment is made. A Stop will be placed on the student’s Power CAMPUS account as well;
- Smoking, chewing tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or any illegal substances are not permitted.
- You are allowed to play soccer,basket ball and volleyball ONLY during the scheduled times. The reason is to support and increase club membership;
- Indoor Cricket is not allowed;
- The Gym office is not responsible for any injuries,accidents,or loss of personal belongings before, during, or after any activities;
- No males are allowed inside the gym when it has been booked by females;
- Toobservetheinstructionsandsafetyprecautionspertainingtotheusageoftheexercise equipment. Upon any doubts, please consult the Sports and Activities Coordinator on duty;
- To do light stretching before commencing workout activity;
- Usersarerequiredtopracticegoodhygieneandgymnasiumetiquettebyobservingthe following:
- Return all equipment to its original place upon completion of workout activity
- Free weights are not to be taken out of its designated area
- Users are not allowed to share towels. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL(s)
- Lockers are for students only, and students need to be a member of AUAF Sports Club in order to obtain a locker.
- A fee will be assessed for locker damage caused by negligence or abuse.
- Men are not allowed to enter Female Locker Room at any times, and vice versa.
- Lockers rooms are created for work out purposes only.Activities such as praying,eating, or studying is strictly prohibited.
- Shirts must be kept on at all times.
- No wrestling, play fighting, or other types of horseplay is permitted in the locker rooms.
- No photography or videos are permitted without prior permission from the Gym office.
- A guest pass MAY NOT be used to check-out sports equipment.
- Clubs must maintain an average of 10 participants in order to keep scheduling privileges.
- TheGymofficehastherighttochangeanyoftherulesandregulationsatanytimewithout prior notice.
- Students are expected to act responsibly and respect the rights of others. Those engaging in irresponsible behavior and breaching the Michelle Bayat Gymnasium Rules and Regulations will have their access to the gym revoked or suspended, and they will be reported to the Office of Student Affairs.
Booking Sports Equipment Procedure
- Requisition of equipment is for university students and staff only.
- For walk-in users, borrowing can be made by:
- Requesting the equipment from the Sports and Activities Coordinator
- Students or staff must leave their ID card when borrowing the equipment
- Equipment must be returned to Sports and Activities Coordinator on the same day of borrowing. Fine of 100 Afs per day will be charged for late returns.
- In case of broken or lost items, the student or staff will be reported to Finance, and the ID card will be returned only after the payment has been made.
For programs, borrowing can be made by:
- An application letter requesting the equipment should be submitted (7) days prior to the dated event to the Sports and Activities Coordinator. A copy of the event approval should be attached with the application letter.
- Phone bookings will not be accepted.
- Equipment must be returned back to the gymnasium (1) day after the event is over.
- Users must ensure that the equipment is kept in good condition.
- Borrowers are responsible for the equipment and transferring to others is not acceptable.
Booking Gymnasium Procedure
- Booking and reservation of Michelle Bayat Gymnasium can only be done during office hours.
- For booking the gym, please fill in the Booking Form (found in gymnasium office and on the AUAF website). Completed forms should be submitted to the Sports and Activities Coordinators, Mr. Abdul Wahab Hussaini or Ms. Masuma Hussaini (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Please note that submitting the form does not mean your event is confirmed. You will receive a confirmation/denial email on your event within 24 hours of submission.
- If a program is canceled, you must notify the Office of Student Affairs (7) days prior to the event.
- All participants must follow the rules and regulations set by the Office of Student Affairs. The Management has the right to prohibit any users from using the facilities if the participants do not observe the rules and regulations.
Operations Hours for Michelle Bayat Gymnasium
|Day/Session||Session 1||Session 2||Female-Only Hours|
|Sunday – Thursday||8:00 AM– 12:00 PM||1:00 PM– 8:00 PM||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Saturday||Closed||12:00 PM – 7:00 PM||3:30 PM – 7:00 PM|