AUAF Announces Scholarships for Fall 2015
AUAF is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for 16 Scholarships. Scholarships are available for full time 4-year undergraduate study commencing in Fall 2015. To be eligible to apply, you must achieve a TOEFL score of 510 or higher, and be able to demonstrate financial need. Both men and women are eligible to apply. Click the below links for Undergraduation Admission Form and Scholarship Application Form
16 scholarships are available to men and women for full time, 4-year undergraduate studies starting in Fall 2015.
- The Professor Yasin Azimi Scholarship (1 available): includes full tuition costs only for 4 years of uninterrupted full-time undergraduate studies (room and board excluded)
- The Abdul Majid Zabuli Scholarship (15 available: includes full tuition, room and board for 4 years of uninterrupted full-time undergraduate studies
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Achieve a TOEFL score of 510 or higher
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Have a good academic record
- Be admitted as a first year/freshmen levelstudent for Fall 2015
- Both men and women are eligible to apply
- AUAF employees are not eligible to apply
- Students who are already enrolled at AUAF or other institutions are not eligible to apply
The Scholarship Awards Committee will screen all eligible candidates who will be shortlisted based on a high TOEFL score, good academic performance, the information provided in the standard application form and the Scholarship application form. All short-listed candidates will then undergo an interview by the committee. Please note: filling out the application forms and going through the application process does NOT guarantee you will be shortlisted or selected.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must abide by the following terms and conditions, and any other as stipulated in the offer letter, in order to maintain your scholarship:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA throughout the course of study
- Not become dual-enrolled at any another institution
- Complete the 4 year undergraduate program uninterrupted by Spring 2019
- Not be the recipient of another scholarship simultaneously
- Abide by all the terms and conditions of the scholarship as stipulated by AUAF
1.Take the TOEFL (PBT or iBT) test, either at one of AUAF’s administered TOEFL examinations or at another accredited TOEFL testing center. AUAF will offer a special pre-test session immediately followed by a TOEFL test on July 30, at 8:30 AM at AUAF main campus in Kabul.
Register in person for the TOEFL by stopping by the AUAF Admissions office–the test registration deadline is Wednesday, July 29 by 4:00pm. Seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have recently taken a TOEFL test and achieved a score of 510 or higher, you are not required to sit forthe AUAF pre-test and TOEFL on July 30. Please contact the Admissions Office at AUAF for instructions on how to properly submit non-AUAF administered TOEFL scores.
2. Submit both the standard admission form and required documents, as well as the separate scholarship application form, in person, to the Admissions Office at the AUAF main campus in Kabul, no later than Thursday, August 13 by 1:00 PM. Late applications will NOT be accepted. Application forms can be downloaded at the links below or obtained in person from the AUAF Admissions Office.
For more information on the test registration and application process, contact:
AUAF Admissions Department
0797 200 400, 0794 800 400
- Scholarship TOEFL test session registration deadline: Wednesday, July 29 at 4:00pm, at AUAF Admissions office
- Scholarship TOEFL test session: 8:30 AM, July 30, Thursday, AUAF Kabul campus
- Scholarship application form and standard application form submission deadline: Thursday, August 13 at 1:00 PM, to the AUAF Admissions office
- Shortlisting and interviews: Sunday, August 16 – Thursday, August 20
- Decision reached and students notified: Sunday, August 23
- New student orientation begins: Tuesday, August 25
- Classes start: Sunday, August 30