Writing Center provides one-on-one tutoring on the AUAF campus for students in English and writing and creates an atmosphere where students feel welcome. The tutor will employ non-directive techniques (Socratic methods) to help writers achieve their own goals and develop writing skills. Tutor helps students to respond to initial assignments, drafts and teaches organizational skills in writing.
Work Day: Saturday – Thursday
Work Hour: 11.00 A.M.– 7.00 P.M.
Location: ICAWED 116
Need: Tutorials are 30 minutes long
- NO tutoring for the papers due on the day of submission. Students need to bring in their papers AT LEAST one day in advance.
- Students must bring with them instructions for the assignments.
- Editing and proofreading are not the function of the Writing Center. The main purpose of the Writing Center is to provide guidance for a paper’s overall content, style, structure, grammar, and mechanics.
- The Writing Center also provides assistance in APA and MLA documentation. If seeking tutoring for research papers, a student must bring at least some of the sources cited in the paper.
- Tutors DO NOT correct grammar, punctuation, and capitalization errors on behalf of students; they will only identify them. Students must correct error after they have been identified.
- The Writing Center will not help with the first draft. Students need to bring at least the second or third draft of their paper to the Writing Center.
- A paper may not be checked by the Writing Center more than twice.
- Tutoring via email is not accepted. Students must bring hard copies of their assignments.
- Students must fill out the online Students Survey Form each time they use Writing Center
- Students can make an appointment Here.
(Note. Appointment will ONLY be booked with AUAF’s email address)
- BE ON TIME! Students are expected to arrive at least 5 minutes early for their schedule appointment.
- Students are not allowed to use the Writing Center’s printer.
- Students are not allowed to hang out and bring any drink or food to the Writing Center.